Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut into slices approximately 2-3 inches long by 3/4 inch wide.
- Place the potato slices in a large mixing bowl and coat with the olive oil.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, oregano and peppercorns to a mortar and crush with the pestle.
- Sprinkle the herbs and salt over the potatoes and mix until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the oven, and bake for approximately 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
Lynn Smythe AKA the Bike Diva